Buy to Let Mortgage for First Time Buyers
HMO Mortgages Suitable for First Time Buyers
If you are not an existing homeowner and you are looking to buy an investment property in the UK for the first time, the options for mortgaging tend to be quite narrow. Lenders will usually want to assess the mortgage based on your personal income rather than the rent. However, we do have lenders who can accommodate first-time buyers for Buy-to-Let property and incorporate the rental value rather than purely personal income based validation.
Lending is available up to 75% LTV for first-time buyers investing in BTL property.
Products for First-Time Buyers with no Existing Investment Properties
Virtually all lenders will lend to applicants who are UK homeowners. If this is your first Buy-to-Let purchase, then we can discuss all options with you and answer any questions you may have. Applicants do not need letting experience with most of these lenders. All types of property can be accommodated, with mortgages available up to 85% of property purchase price (or property value for remortgages). Interest only is available with virtually all lenders, if required. We can advise you and suggest a range of suitable options for you to choose from. We can email a full mortgage illustration for you to consider once you’ve chosen the mortgage that suits you best.
Mortgages available for applicants who are not homeowners and want to purchase an investment property.
- First time buyer & First time landlord
Information for applications, information is missing needs adding here.
- UK passport or UK driving licence as proof of ID
- Evidence of deposit funds for property purchases
- Applicants can be Employed, Self Employed
Types of Property
Details about types of acceptable property here, more information needed.
- Houses and Self Contained Flats
- Freehold or leasehold title
- Flat must have own entrance
- Property located in England Wales and Scotland
General Lending Criteria
- Purchases or Remortgage
- Interest only or capital + interest repayment
- Mortgages up to 70% Loan to Value
- Lending to Limited companies considered