The Mortgage Cafe

Mortgages for HMOs let to Corporate Clients

Situational Profile

For applicants wishing to buy or remortgage HMO properties for renting to a Local Authority, a Housing Association, or a company for its employees etc.

  • Corporate clients
  • Housing authorities
  • Housing associations

HMO Mortgages Suitable for Corporate Clients

A corporate tenant can be a Local Authority, or Housing Association, who will usually take a lease to rent the property for a number of years and place their own tenants in the property. The corporate tenant could also be a Limited Company to use for its own employees, or overseas dignitaries. We have specialist lenders who will accept these organisations for corporate letting instead of individual tenants on Assured Shorthold Tenancy agreements (ASTs). The corporate tenant can either take a lease on the property for a number of years, or enter into a revolving 12 month contract, either would be acceptable. The occupants of the property can be of any status, but most lenders will not lend if asylum seekers are to be placed in the property.

However there is one lender who will lend where the occupants are to be asylum seekers.


Applicant Profile

Applicants must be homeowners and be existing landlords although there is one lender who does not specify this. Professional landlords with any size of portfolio welcomed. Applicants must be employed, or self employed with a minimum personal annual income in the region of £20,000 per annum, or retired with a good pension income. A clean credit history is required, although minor and historic credit problems may be accepted.

  • UK citizens with passport UK Driving License as ID
  • Evidence of deposit funds ( Bank statement )
  • Proof of income; employed, self employed or pension
  • Clean credit history
  • Some minor and historic adverse credit can be considered
  • Applicants can be employed, self employed, retired
  • UK Bank account holder
  • Previous letting experience
  • Good level of provable personal income

Types of Property

Properties with any number of letting rooms are acceptable, with or without an HMO licence. Properties arranged as flats, studios and bedsits in one freehold or leasehold title, are also acceptable. Properties above commercial premises are acceptable

  • Single Residential Buy To Let Houses
  • Houses of Multiple Occupation (HMO)
  • Various tenant types accepted
  • HMO’s arranged as flats in one title
  • Single AST and multiple AST tenancy agreements accepted
  • Property in England, Scotland and Wales
  • Properties with or without an HMO Licence
  • Accommodation above commercial premises considered
  • En-suite facilities in rooms are accepted
  • Cooking facilities in rooms accepted
  • Shared kitchen and bathroom facilities accepted
  • HMOs with up to 20 letting units accepted
  • Mixed unit accommodation of flats, studios, bedsits
  • Properties arranged as flats, studios or bedsits

Request Call Back

Available on-line at